I’m reading a book called “The
Pact” by Jodi Picoult. The book is about a girl named Emily who was shot and
killed. Her boyfriend Chris was at the scene and is now a suspect for murder.
The families of Chris and Emily have been friends before the two teens were
born, but the loss of Emily and the investigation against Chris is tearing the
families apart.
The tragedy of Em’s death ripped
apart families that had been close for years. When someone is killed it affects
the whole community. Even if you’ve seen the person once in your life, it can
affect your life. I haven’t known personally anyone that’s died. But when I
hear about things like New Town or college campus shootings, or the shootings
that happened in Arizona, I really think about what if that were me? What if it
were my family? Death changes people. It’s like a ripple effect. The closer you
are to the person the stronger you feel, but if the death gets on the news or
the internet people that read about still feel the grief that comes with a loss
of another human being. I guess it’s an instinct, the instinct to feel sad when
a person has, but it’s an instinct that not all of us have. The people that
pull the trigger to kill innocent people don’t have that instinct.
If
Chris did kill Emily I don’t see how or why. I don’t really understand why anyone
could have the “motive” to kill innocent people, but why would Chris kill the
girl he loves, the girl he grow up with. She never hurt anyone. Chris was put
in the hospital after Emily was shot because he had also been hurt, and the
people at the hospital didn’t let him go to Emily’s funeral, and he went ballistic.
Why would he go so insane after not being able to see her dead body after he
could’ve been the one who killed her? If we wanted to see her why would he kill
her? I don’t understand why people kill people they love. What could drive
someone to kill his or her wife or child or mother? How can a person live with
themselves with innocent blood one their conscience? The idea of death seems so
simple but its more complex and twisted than anyone could imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment