Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars 2 *CONTAINS SPOILERS


            I am continuing to read the book “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green. I was right and wrong about my statements about Augustus is my first post. He’s a great guy and he loves Hazel more then anything and now Hazel does to, but he still will hurt her more then her cancer ever will. This makes me think about how “the world is not a wish- granting factory “ as Hazel and Gus say in the book. But more it just makes me angry how the world can take everything from you.
          
           Over their trip to Amersterdam Gus and Hazel got together. They were happy and in love and Gus really is a good guy. But at the end of their trip Gus told Hazel that his cancer had spread and he was in an advanced stage of cancer. Now Gus can’t walk and he’s sick and very close to dying. So I was right that he could hurt her more then anything in the world. This makes me extremely sad. Gus was healthy, he was cancer free and happy and all of a sudden he finds out that he’s on the verge of death, and right when Hazel and him are finally together. One moment that I thought impacted me a lot was when Hazel was with Gus and Isaac (Gus’s friend who lost both eyes to cancer) and she thought, for the first time in my life I was the healthiest person in the room." Hazel has been terminally ill her whole life and now in a room with the people she loves, they’re even closer to death then she is.
            
          All this also makes me angry. It makes me angry that the world can just take everything away from you. That life is just unfair. Its hard to think that you can do everything right, you can eat right, exercise, take precautions and be an amazing, nice person and still end up dying a so horrible and painful death, or having everyone you love leave or die. But I think Gus and Hazel have given up the whole “life is unfair” and “I deserve better” mentality. Especially Hazel who has been sick her whole life. They both know their going to die, but before the met each other I don’t think they really did anything about it. Hazel just sort of when with the fact that she couldn’t really do anything with her life because of her cancer but when she met Gus she tried to follow her dreams and do what she wanted in life and I guess that’s one thing the world gave both of them. Each other. But in the end they will still be taken from each other.
            
         I am reading the book “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green. I was wrong in thinking Augustus wasn’t a great guy but he’s still going to hurt Hazel. It makes me sad and angry that in the end the world will take everything for two amazing kids with their lives ahead of them (not anymore). I’m also mad that they lose the best part of their lives. Each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment