I
am STILL reading “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” which is about Oskar
going on a quest for a lock and is also about that story of his grandparents.
In the part of the book I’m reading Oskar’s grandfather has come back and is
trying to help and get to know Oskar.
Oskar’s
grandfather is back living with the wife he left. He never met Oskar and is
trying every hard to get to know him. Oskar doesn’t know who he is because Oskar’s
grandmother doesn’t want Oskar to know his grandfather. I feel like the
grandfather is being noble by not telling Oskar who he is even though he’s so
intrigued by Oskar because he will never be able to meet his son but at least
now he will meet his grandson. I think it must be ever hard not to jump into
Oskar’s life and announce that he’s Oskar’s “long lost grandfather” that left
Oskar’s grandmother a long time ago. Oskar’s still young and the news of his
grandfather coming back and trying to intrude and become a part of his life
would rattle him and cause more problems for Oskar and his family. So I do
think that the grandfather or Thomas is doing right be Oskar.
On
the other hand, I don’t think Thomas is doing right by Oskar’s grandmother. He left
her when she was pregnant. He didn’t leave her with anything and never really
met his own son. She was madly in love with him and needed him to stay even
though he thought she didn’t show it. But I was him who didn’t really love her.
He’s coming back after her son died and he’s wants to talk to Oskar and wants
to talk to her because now all of a sudden he cares about her. Well, I do think
that he cared about her but he was too much of a coward to live a life with her
but now he wants to come back and it must be really taking a toll on Oskar’s
grandmother. I don’t think its right to barge back into her life after being
gone without a word for so long. It’s good that he’s no pushing it with Oskar
but I don’t know how long that will last.
I am reading the book “Extremely
Loud and Incredibly Close” by Jonathan Safran Foer which is about Oskar’s journey and the
story of his grandparents. His grandfather has come back and is barging into
Oskar’s grandmothers life which I think is wrong but, he isn’t jumping into
Oskar’s life which I think is the right thing to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment